March 12, 2012

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Shaving can cut you.  Nothing worse than razor burn.  Oh wait, tiny razor cuts are worse.  Waxing....well let's be real.  Waxing hurts.  A lot.  I only get my brows done and it results in me squishing my face with each rip.  So what is a gal supposed to do when she needs to have smooth, summer legs?  I mean it's not like we ladies have a choice in the matter.  Hairy legs are never a do.  Stubbly legs?  Nope they aren't on the list either.

What do I recommend?  Laser hair removal.  I know, it sounds ridiculous.  Ridiculous to do and ridiculously expensive.  You aren't wrong.  Here's the thing though.  It works and is worth every penny.  I went to get my lower legs done as a birthday treat.  Six treatments (spaced over about six months) later and my legs are smooth.  The pores are smaller.  I shave twice a month during pants weather and once a week during hot summer.  I'm not entirely sure I even need to shave that much.  It may just be ingrained habit combined with a super sensitivity to being stubbly.  I got lucky and was introduced to the practice of lasering my underarms.  I thought the notion was ridiculous, but again I was amazed.  The hair is finer when it grows back, I shave about once a week and the pores have shrunk to a tiny size.  Even if there is some hair there, my armpits are always looking good. :)

I think the safest approach is to find someone who is licensed.  My dermatologist has a side business of cosmetic procedures.  I felt safe there and knew that a quality laser would be used.  That is the most important part.  You need to feel safe and you need to make sure that good equipment will be used.  Otherwise, the entire ordeal is a waste of time and money.  Poor laser = poor results.  Unsafe environment probably means you will be uneasy and as a result you won't get smooth.

This is definitely an investment.  But one that will make you happy....and smooth.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I always just assumed that laser hair removal meant the hair was gone for good. So it'll still grow back, just much more slowly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you continually go for touch ups, the hair will eventually stop growing. Initially, the hair grows back slowly and more finely. Unfortunately, the level of results is dependent on the characteristics of a person's hair type.

    ReplyDelete