May 14, 2010

Welcome!

It's been awhile since I last blogged.  I have come to realize that I can use my obsession with trying out new beauty and bath products for something good.  Hence the creation of this blog.  I'll put my two cents in on things I've tried.  Maybe you agree, maybe you don't.  But at least you will have heard an honest opinion before you waste your own money.  Because really, is there anything more irritating than shelling out your hard earned cash to try something new, only to hate it, and throw it away after one use?

I guess I should start with a brief description of myself.  Green eyes, blondish hair and combination skin.  These things make it especially hard to find make up that will stay put for the day.  It has also been tricky finding a cleanser that cleansed without drying out my skin or making me break out.  Cause I forgot to mention that my facial skin is pretty sensitive too.

My number one pick for this week is:
Stila's new smudgepot eyeliner stick
Cost:  $20 per pencil
Colors:  about 7 ranging from the clubbish bright silver and gold to more traditional green, black, brown and purple
Available at:www.stilacosmetics.com
www.sephora.com
www.ulta.com
Why this rocks:
How many times have you been thrilled with your eyeliner when you put it on in the morning, only to look like you had a wild night by lunch time?  There's nothing worse than eyeliner smudge because it is a problem that is evident to everyone.  This new product essentially takes their renowned smudge pot formula and puts it in an easy to use self-sharpening pencil form.  I barely felt the pencil on my lid and got a solid line.  At bedtime, my eyeliner looked exactly as it did when i first applied it in the morning.  I bought the purple one and can't wait to try out the other colors.

Hope you find this helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment