March 5, 2012

Some Kind of Wen-derful

I have been remiss in giving a review of Wen hair products.  Nonsulfate shampoos are all the rage.  Why?  Because all that sudsing action in the shower is actually not good for your hair.  It makes for fun baby pictures and sometimes sporting a faux hawk with suds up hair is a good time.  Alas, it strips your hair.  This leads to breakage, difficulty in absorbing color (if you're into that), and depletes the moisture content.  What does this mean?  Dull, blah, lifeless hair.

Enter Wen.  Chaz Dean operates his own salon in California and put together a special formulation to help his clients maintain their expensive color treatments.  The result is the only cleansing conditioner on the market.  This product can actually take the place of your shampoo, conditioner, detangler, leave in conditioner, and shaving cream (if you are so inclined).  It takes some getting used to, because let's face it who doesn't equate suds with being clean?  But the results are amazing!  One use and my hair had more bounce, after three it was like I had a new head of hair.

I have seen my current hair stylist for 12 years and the first time she saw me after I used Wen she asked me what I was doing to make my hair so soft and manageable.  There are different formulas for different hair concerns.  Since I color my hair, I am partial to the Fig and Pomegranate.  If I'm not coloring my hair, I love the Sweet Almond Mint.

It is a little pricier than your average shampoo.  However, hair washed with Wen actually needs to be washed less often.  Seriously!  People that "need" to wash their hair everyday can probably go 2 todays.  Other folks may notice that they can go 5 days before they have to wash their hair.  Also, QVC offers pretty good deals.  Twice a year, you can purchase a full gallon of the stuff!  A GALLON!

Try it, you'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment