March 2, 2012

Work Tested, Taryn Approved

It's been a pretty rough couple of weeks at work.  Emotionally draining days finally culminated in a complete and utter breakdown.  Full on sob fest.  It wasn't pretty....well actually, it kinda was.  These eyes of mine do get mighty green when I cry.

The reason I bring up my emotional breakdown is because despite the waterworks display and tissue usage, when I looked in the mirror my eyes were still perfectly lined.  Any color on the tissue was mascara related.  Not one break in the liner that I had applied first thing in the morning.  A-MAZING!!!  I guess I should not be surprised.  This liner had already been put to the test through a series of funerals over the last few years and a couple of touching wedding ceremonies.  The only time this stuff comes off is when I'm ready to take it off. 

Not only is this liner ridiculously long lasting, but it also goes on like a dream.  It's got something like 90% water content.  This means you must be gentle when applying or you risk breaking it.  As each liner costs $18 a pencil, you want to keep it as intact as possible.  Make sure you twist to reveal a slight amount of product and use very light pressure.  You barely need to press down to get a full flush of color on your line.

What could this mysteriously perfect liner be?

Tarte CosmeticsEmphasEYES Aqua Gel Liner.  You can find it at Sephora, Ulta and QVC.  QVC usually has a deal where you can order two or three pencils for a relatively low price.
Colors: Bronze, Brown, Black, Charcoal, Green, Navy, Purple, Teal (pass)

No comments:

Post a Comment